It’s winter, it’s cold and we all want our comfort food! Have a look at our nice and simple recipe for a healthy white vegetable soup to keep you going through the winter months.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 1 x small leek
- 1 x parsnip
- 1 x turnip
- 1 x carrot
- ¼ or ½ x swede
- 750ml (2 stock cubes) vegetable stock
- 150ml milk
- 25g margarine
- 25g flour
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan on a high heat and add the vegetables, stir and turn the temperature to low and cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Then add the stock, seasoning and optional chopped parsley.
- Turn the heat on high and bring to boiling point. Once boiling, reduce the heat and let it simmer until the vegetables are softened (approximately 10-15 minutes).
- Remove from heat and blend with the flour and milk. Put back on the hob, stirring constantly.
- Add lemon, seasoning and cream if wanted